Old-Fashioned Fried Green Tomatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 to 4 green tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, cheese, oregano, salt and pepper. Coat tomato slices with flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium. Fry tomatoes for 2-3 minutes on each side until tender and lightly browned. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately.
Aug 17, 2012
Aug 1, 2011
This takes fried green tomatoes over the top. Love em'
Jun 16, 2009
I like FGT's,but I love these. I've even converted FGT haters,into at least likers. I make a big batch(4x) of coating mix and store it in freezer.I also cut my slices thinner.