- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5-3/4 to 6-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- CINNAMON FILLING:
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup softened butter, divided
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. In a large bowl, combine eggs, butter, sugar, salt, yeast mixture and 3 cups flour; beat on medium speed until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a very soft dough (dough will be sticky). Do not knead. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate overnight.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon. Turn dough onto a floured surface; divide dough in half. Roll one portion into an 18x12-in. rectangle. Spread with 1/4 cup butter to within 1/2 in. of edges; sprinkle evenly with half of the brown sugar mixture.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan, cut side down. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Cover with kitchen towels; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Preheat oven to 375°.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, cream and vanilla; spread over warm rolls. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Overnight Cinnamon Rolls
Sort By :
"Crystal42, you can let the dough sit at room temp and rise for an hour if you want to bake the same day, but the reason for putting the dough in the fridge overnight, is that the yeast development is slowed down, while still allowing the enzymes that naturally occur in the flour to do their work (converting starches to sugars, making a more flavorful dough). I will make this sometime this week!"
"Do you have to refrigerate the dough after you make it? I am confused how it is good the following day. Can anyone help?"
"Love, love these cinnamon rolls....I made it the first time as directed with the cinnamon filling and it was delicious! I just made it again on Saturday August 3oth 2014, but I used the chocolate filling and holy moly it was to die for!!! My boyfriend cannot wait for the orange-spice filling variation..This recipe has been made twice and it looks like I will be making it again for the third time...YUM"
"Great for entertaining because all the messy work was done the day before."