I came up with this dessert just in time for Easter. Everyone agreed the flavor reminded them of orange creamsicles. It was a definite hit! —Michelle Tokarz, Newport, Michigan
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 1 drop red food coloring, optional
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 2/3 cup orange marmalade
- Additional confectioners' sugar and orange curls
- Line a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan with waxed paper; grease the paper and set aside. Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions; spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edges of the pan to loosen cake. Invert onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in the orange juice, orange extract, orange peel and food coloring if desired. Fold in whipped topping.
- Unroll cake; spread marmalade to within 1/2 in. of edges. Spread whipped topping mixture over marmalade to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up again. Place seam side down on a serving platter. Sprinkle with additional confectioners' sugar. Garnish with orange curls. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Orange-Angel Jelly Roll in Simple & Delicious March/April 2009, p61
Reviews for Orange-Angel Jelly Roll
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review