- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 1 drop red food coloring, optional
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 2/3 cup orange marmalade
- Additional confectioners' sugar and orange curls
- Line a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan with waxed paper; grease the paper and set aside. Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions; spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edges of the pan to loosen cake. Invert onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in the orange juice, orange extract, orange peel and food coloring if desired. Fold in whipped topping.
- Unroll cake; spread marmalade to within 1/2 in. of edges. Spread whipped topping mixture over marmalade to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up again. Place seam side down on a serving platter. Sprinkle with additional confectioners' sugar. Garnish with orange curls. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Orange-Angel Jelly Roll
"Today I am tryimg it with strawberries."
"I made this just as written for Easter and it was a hit with everyone. We decided that it would be delicious in about any flavor... including chocolate. I want to try it with lemon curd since I love lemon. To the gal that had it overflow all over her oven... mine raised up and out but didn't go over. Maybe it was the cake mix you used?Good suggestion to not use so much of the batter. I just cut mine off around the edges, which also made it easier to roll. In my opinion. I will definitely make this again...in other flavors."
"This was my first attempt at a jelly-roll cake and I was a bit nervous. I had always thought they would be difficult but this one was very easy and it came out beautifully. It was also delicious. Would definiately make it again and would recommend it..."
"This made a very pretty cake roll, but we just didn't like how it tasted."
"OMG!!! This cake is soooo good! I can't wait for my raspberries to ripen to make a raspberry version of this. Strawberry would be equally wonderful. I plan on making this cake numerous more times."
"I used light cream cheese and sugar free marmalade to lighten it up. Very tasty!"
"For the strawberry, why not make your own juice from real strawberries. For the color and flavor why not use sugar free koolaid. Sounds like fun no matter what the flavor. Good luck."
"This looks great. Wondering what you would substitute when you make a strawberry version, i.e. orange juice, orange extract & orange peel? Any suggestions?"
"This was so delicious. It was light, sweet and a bit of tang with the marmalade!!"