Nice 'n' Soft Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached Self-Rising Flour
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 teaspoons meringue powder
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- Green, red and yellow food coloring
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually add flour. Divide dough in half. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out one portion of dough to 3/16-in. thickness. Cut with floured cookie cutters. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 5-7 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat the confectioners' sugar, water and meringue powder on low speed just until combined. Beat on high for 4 minutes or until soft peaks form. Add corn syrup; beat 1 minute longer.
- Tint with food coloring of your choice. Cover frosting with damp paper towels or plastic wrap between uses. Spread and/or pipe frosting on cookies. Let stand until set. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Nice 'n' Soft Sugar Cookies(12)
Sort By :
I love soft chewy cookies and these are the best sugar cookies I've ever had. They are a Christmas tradition in our house.
Love these sugar cookies. This is my go to cugar cookie recipe! Everyone loves these with a little buttercream frosting on them.
The first batch I made, burned; The second batch was only air and super crunchy......I have lost 15 cookies so far..... I just hope that this next one isn't another waste....EACH BATCH IS SIX COOKIES SINCE I AM USING A TOASTER OVEN.......
Love this recipe! The cookies turned out nice and soft and not overly sweet. If you want it sweeter then make your icing sweeter. However, I liked them without icing and with just as well. I used a different recipe for the frosting as I didn't want to use corn syrup. I made these last week and am whipping up another batch today!
My mother adores these cookies, I use a different frosting recipe and the end result tastes like it came from the local bakery!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Sugar Cookies >
- Cookie Frosting >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Cut Out Sugar Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Frosting for Sugar Cookies >
- Frosting Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Icing for Sugar Cookies >
- Kids Desserts >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >