Soft Tried ‘n’ True Peanut Butter Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
Makesabout 4-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla and water. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 28, 2015
These were easy and delicious! I used butter in place of the shortening and they turned out scrumptious! I also mixed the ingredients by hand instead of using a mixer. My kids loved them!
Nov 6, 2014
NIce soft texture which we enjoy. I sprinkled a little sugar on the tops before baking. Makes them look pretty. I also used 1 C real butter in place of the shortening. Turned out well.
Apr 16, 2014
These are in my mind the perfect peanut butter cookie. I use dark brown sugar for an even richer flavor. For half the cookies I added m&m's because my husband loves them. I stored them in an air tight container and they remained soft. This is my go to recipe for peanut butter cookies.