Soft Tried ‘n’ True Peanut Butter Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla and water. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by tablespoons 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork. Bake at 350° until golden brown, 12-15 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 105 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 28, 2015
These were easy and delicious! I used butter in place of the shortening and they turned out scrumptious! I also mixed the ingredients by hand instead of using a mixer. My kids loved them!
Nov 6, 2014
NIce soft texture which we enjoy. I sprinkled a little sugar on the tops before baking. Makes them look pretty. I also used 1 C real butter in place of the shortening. Turned out well.
Apr 16, 2014
These are in my mind the perfect peanut butter cookie. I use dark brown sugar for an even richer flavor. For half the cookies I added m&m's because my husband loves them. I stored them in an air tight container and they remained soft. This is my go to recipe for peanut butter cookies.