- 1 package (5-1/4 ounces) au gratin potatoes
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups cubed process American cheese (Velveeta)
- Dash hot pepper sauce, optional
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, combine the contents of potato package, corn, tomatoes and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add the milk, cheese and hot pepper sauce if desired; cook and stir until the cheese is melted. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Nacho Potato Soup
Sort By :
"I really like this, my family says it's alright. I top it with sour cream so it isn't too spicy for the kids."
"I made this years ago, it's super easy (always a winner in my book) and I'm still making it, tastes great and people are always really surprised by the fact it starts with boxed potatoes. Great quick soup! Loaf of Italian bread and salad and you are good to go."
"This is one of our favorites!"
"YUMMY - this was so easy and so good. Made this for a party at work and will be making again tomorrow for home. Love it."
"This is an easy and quick soup that I will definitely make again. I used a can of diced tomatoes and a can of diced green chiles because that is what I had on hand. Also added a little cumin and chili powder for extra flavor. Thank you, Sherry, for the great recipe!"