Nacho Potato Soup Recipe
- 1 package (5-1/4 ounces) au gratin potatoes
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups cubed process American cheese (Velveeta)
- Dash hot pepper sauce, optional
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, combine the contents of potato package, corn, tomatoes and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add the milk, cheese and hot pepper sauce if desired; cook and stir until the cheese is melted. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Nacho Potato Soup
Sort By :
"This is one of our favorites!"
"YUMMY - this was so easy and so good. Made this for a party at work and will be making again tomorrow for home. Love it."
"This is an easy and quick soup that I will definitely make again. I used a can of diced tomatoes and a can of diced green chiles because that is what I had on hand. Also added a little cumin and chili powder for extra flavor. Thank you, Sherry, for the great recipe!"
"This has been a family favorite since it was first published over a decade ago. I always have the ingredients on hand and it goes from kettle to table in under 30 minutes. I'd give it ten stars if I could!"
"I've made this recipe since it first came out in the magazine and it has become a family favorite. My daughter even asks for it for her birthday dinner. So good and so easy!"