- 1 pound buffalo stew meat
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 whole clove
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a Dutch oven, brown meat in oil; drain. Add the celery, onion and green pepper; saute for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in the broth, tomatoes, potato, carrot, garlic salt, clove and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour or until meat is tender. Discard clove and bay leaf. Stir in parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mountain Man Soup in Taste of Home April/May 2004, p43
Reviews for Mountain Man Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 25, 2013
"Very good flavor!"
Reviewed Dec. 28, 2011
"My family really enjoyed this soup. We used ground Buffalo which worked well for the kiddos. We're thinking of trying other meats like shredded roast or ground turkey to add some variety."