Meatball Sub Casserole Recipe
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 pound lean ground beef
- 6 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 ounces PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Dash pepper
- 2/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a small bowl, combine the onion, bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Add beef and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls; place on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink; drain.
- Meanwhile, arrange bread in a single layer in an ungreased shallow 3-cup baking dish. Combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, Italian seasoning and pepper; spread over bread. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese.
- In a bowl, combine the spaghetti sauce, water and garlic; add meatballs. Pour over bread. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews for Meatball Sub Casserole(4)
Sort By :
3 cup baking dish?
I would make the ORIGINAL recipe again.... When I originally bookmarked this recipe, it was different... a bigger size casserole. I found the original here: http://wegottaeat.com/janice.cook/recipes/taste-of-home-meatball-sub-casserole I'm not happy that the website changed the recipe rather than just making a page for a second recipe! Anyway, the first recipe was great. I didn't need to use all of teh cream cheese mixture though, and I used FF or low fat for all of the cheeses. My kids loved it too!
Looks very tasty!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meatball Recipes >