- 4 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 3 to 4 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1 pouch (3 ounces) liquid fruit pectin
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup grated lime peel
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, water and lime juice; add food coloring if desired. Bring to a rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin, mint and lime peel. Continue to boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into five hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 5 half-pints.
Reviews for Lime Mint Jelly
Sort By :
This is tasty, however did not set up, so I had to reprocess according to MCP directions, and I am awaiting the results. I contacted the expert (mom) for the second try and she said the pectin had to go in BEFORE the sugar. I revised the order of ingredients and it was setting up as I was putting it into the jars.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Jams, Jellies & Preserves Recipes >