- 1-1/2 cups cake or all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- Whipped cream, maple syrup and additional raspberries
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk almond milk, ricotta, egg yolks, lemon peel, lemon juice and extract until blended. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. In a clean small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold into batter. Gently stir in raspberries.
- Lightly grease a griddle; heat over medium heat. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle. Cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with whipped cream, syrup and additional raspberries. Yield: 24 pancakes.
Originally published as Lemon-Raspberry Ricotta Pancakes in Taste of Home April/May 2016, p74
Reviews for Lemon-Raspberry Ricotta Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review