Tawana Flowers of El Macero, California shared the recipe for this light, airy dessert.
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) ladyfingers, split
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- Pour milk into a small metal bowl; place mixer beaters in the bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Line the sides of a 9-in. springform pan with ladyfingers; set aside.
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in orange juice. Stir in the sugar, lemon juice and peel; cool to room temperature.
- Beat chilled milk until soft peaks form; fold into gelatin mixture. Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until firm. Spread with whipped topping. Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Ladyfinger Lemon Dessert in Light & Tasty April/May 2003, p43
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Ladyfinger Lemon Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review