Jeweled Thumbprints Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup raspberry or apricot preserves
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg yolk and extract. Gradually add flour. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 3/4-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each ball.
- Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Fill with preserves. Yield: 6 dozen.
Reviews for Jeweled Thumbprints(3)
Sort By :
I added Vanilla instead of the almond extract and used stawberry jam. I also made up a icing and drizzled it over the cookies after they cooled. Excellent and my two sons and husband could not eat them fast enough!
I liked these cookies, but i think they had a little too much almond extract. my parents loved them!
I'll be making these tomorrow (12/16/08) to give as Christmas gifts. Thank you for sharing this recipe.