- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup raspberry or apricot preserves
- In a large bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar until blended. Beat in egg yolk and extract. Gradually beat in flour. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Shape into 3/4-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Press a deep indentation in center of each with your thumb.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Fill each with 1/4 teaspoon preserves; cool completely. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Reviews for Jeweled Thumbprints
Sort By :
I added Vanilla instead of the almond extract and used stawberry jam. I also made up a icing and drizzled it over the cookies after they cooled. Excellent and my two sons and husband could not eat them fast enough!
I liked these cookies, but i think they had a little too much almond extract. my parents loved them!
I'll be making these tomorrow (12/16/08) to give as Christmas gifts. Thank you for sharing this recipe.