Candied fruits give a stained-glass look to these cookies that taste like shortbread. —Ruth Ann Stelfox, Raymond, Alberta
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 pound butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup each chopped red and green candied cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped candied pineapple
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Combine flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture. Stir in raisins, nuts, cherries and pineapple; mix well. Shape into 2-in. rolls; wrap in waxed paper or foil. Freeze at least 2 hours.
- Cut into 1/4-in. slices; place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 cookies: 136 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 75mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Jeweled Cookies in Taste of Home December/January 1996