- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Red and yellow gel food coloring
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- Wooden pop sticks
- Miniature chocolate, green and yellow Tootsie Roll Midgees, as desired
- Miniature green apple AirHeads bars
- Black decorating gel or chocolate frosting, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine marshmallows, butter and salt. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until melted. Remove from heat; tint orange with red and yellow food coloring. Stir in cereal.
- With buttered hands, shape mixture into six pumpkins. Insert a wooden pop stick into each pumpkin.
- Cut chocolate Tootsie Rolls crosswise in half; press one half into the top of each for stems. Cut AirHeads into thin strips; roll between hands to form vines. Press vines into pumpkins near stem. For leaves, roll out green Tootsie Rolls on waxed paper to 1/8-in. thickness. With kitchen scissors, cut out leaves and attach to vines.
- Add Jack-o'-lantern faces using decorating gel or additional Tootsie Roll cutouts made with yellow and chocolate Tootsie Rolls. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Jack-o'-Lantern Pops
Sort By :
Very cute and yummy! My niece made these for a family dinner. She did not use the Popsicle sticks and made 8 pumpkins. She also used green Laffy Taffy instead of the Air Heads.
My grandchildren don't think it's Halloween unless I make these. I make them smaller so it is easier for little ones to eat.
I have made this recipe twice for school parties and the kids love it!! They are so cute and taste very good. Make sure to butter your hands well before handling and squeeze the mix together tightly to form the balls. I never use a stick.
This recipe was HORRIBLE. I was so excited to make this cuz it was cute and looked easy. But it was SO hard to get them to stay together. As soon as you put the popsicle stick and tootsie roll in, they fall apart. And they keep falling apart no matter how many times you shape it together again. This might have worked if someone tweaked the rice crispy recipe...I would NOT make this again.