- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large saucepan, bring 8 cups water to a boil. Add asparagus in batches; cook, uncovered, 1-2 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Drain and pat dry.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Transfer asparagus to a large bowl; drizzle with glaze and toss gently to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Honey-Lemon Asparagus
"Asparagus is one of my family's favorite vegetables, and I am always looking for new recipes. We had this as a side dish, and people were literally eating them with their fingers! It's a keeper recipe! Loved the piquant flavor of the glaze which, by the way, was very easy to make. I will try this glaze as suggested on root veggies like turnips and parsnips. Thanks for a great recipe!"
"Unexpected flavor, loved this."