- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 400°. Write fortunes on small strips of paper (3-1/2x1/4-in.); set aside. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a pencil, draw two 3-1/2-in. circles on a sheet of parchment paper. Place paper, pencil mark down, on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat butter, sugar, egg white and vanilla. Add flour; mix well. Spread 1 tablespoon batter over each circle. Bake 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Slide parchment paper onto a work surface. Cover one cookie with a kitchen towel. Place a fortune in the center of the other cookie; loosen cookie from parchment paper with a thin spatula. Fold cookie in half over fortune strip so the edges meet; hold edges together for 3 seconds.
- Place center of cookie over the rim of a glass; gently press ends down to bend cookie in middle. Cool 1 minute before removing to a wire rack. Repeat with second cookie. If cookies become too cool to fold, return to oven to soften for 1 minute. Repeat with remaining batter and fortunes. Yield: 10 cookies.
Reviews for Homemade Fortune Cookies
Sort By :
"That was fun. Practice makes perfect!"
"Tasty and a lite bit out fun"
"I've tried other recipes for fortune cookies before, this is by far the best, tastiest, and easiest, thank you!!!"
"They where very good it is hard to get them folded in to the shape with them being so hot out of oven and if you wait they are too hard. The taste was great and I would try to make them again."
"I served it for a special event and my guests were in love with it."