Meet the Cook: I've never come across another spritz cookie like this - one calling for cream cheese as an ingredient. That helps to keep these wreaths moist a long time, while also adding a delicious flavor. Our home is on a couple of acres out in the country. We're retired, with four children and seven grandchildren. -Dee Lein, Longmont, Colorado
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Green cherries, cut into thin slices
- Red Hots candies
- Frosting and decorator gel
- In a bowl, cream butter and cream cheese. Add sugar; blend well. Stir in vanilla. Gradually beat in flour.
- Using a cookie press fitted with star tip, form dough into 2-1/2-in. wreaths on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until set but not brown. Cool on wire racks. Decorate wreaths with green cherry pieces to make leaves and Red Hots for berries, attaching with a drop of frosting. Add bows with decorator gel. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Holly Wreaths in Country Woman November/December 1992, p33
Reviews for Holly Wreaths
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review