Holly Wreaths Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- Green cherries, cut into thin slices
- Red-hot candies
- Frosting and decorator gel
- In a bowl, cream butter and cream cheese. Add sugar; blend well. Stir in vanilla. Gradually beat in flour.
- Using a cookie press fitted with star tip, form dough into 2-1/2-in. wreaths on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until set but not brown. Cool on wire racks. Decorate wreaths with green cherry "leaves" and red-hot candy "berries" attached with a drop of frosting. Add bows with decorator gel. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Holly Wreaths(5)
Sort By :
My mom made these cookies with my great-grandma and I've made these with my mom since I can remember. Christmas wouldn't be the same without these cookies. I now make these cookies with my son, but I'm not as patient as my mom and I use the tree disc on my cookie press :) I know that they do freeze well.
they taste good but very fragile nothing to write home about,press and working with a cookie press was very frustrating particularly the newest pampered chef brand. The green cherries and red hots fell off, did not stay on so good
They taste good but break easily.
I'm new to making cookies with a press and was wondering how these would turn out in a different shape (something more basic) and has anyone tried freezing these? thanks
I havve been looking for this recipe. My Grandma used to make these! We had lost the recipe. They are wonderful. She used to use the decorator frosting and pipe holly leaves and berries.
More Recipe Collections
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >