Eggnog flavor is infused into the cookie and the glaze with this yummy recipe, perfect for the Christmas season.—Bonnie Massimino, Brookeville, Maryland
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 cups plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup refrigerated French vanilla nondairy creamer
- 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 5 to 6 teaspoons refrigerated French vanilla nondairy creamer
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extract. In a small bowl, mix milk and creamer. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk mixture, beating well after each addition.
- In a small bowl, mix nutmeg and remaining sugar. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in nutmeg mixture. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly with bottom of a glass.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For icing, in a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and enough creamer to reach desired consistency. Pipe snowflake designs on cookies as desired. Yield: 7-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Eggnog Snickerdoodles in Taste of Home December/January 2008, p21
Reviews for Holiday Eggnog Snickerdoodles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review