- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 cups plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup refrigerated French vanilla nondairy creamer
- 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 5 to 6 teaspoons refrigerated French vanilla nondairy creamer
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extract. In a small bowl, mix milk and creamer. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk mixture, beating well after each addition.
- In a small bowl, mix nutmeg and remaining sugar. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in nutmeg mixture. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly with bottom of a glass.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For icing, in a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and enough creamer to reach desired consistency. Pipe snowflake designs on cookies as desired. Yield: 7-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Holiday Eggnog Snickerdoodles
Sort By :
"Very good cookies - Honestly, I prefer regular snickerdoodles."
"I loved these and got rave reviews from people. Most really liked the snowflake icing on top. :) Would definitely do these again."
"Delicious! I did substitute prepared egg nog for the creamer and it turned out beautifully!"
"My family loved this one at Christmas time and there wasn't any leftover"
"I made these last year for Christmas with about a dozen other varieties, several people mentioned they really liked these the best. My husband also requested they be added to this years list again! Very good."