- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 4 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup cold 2% milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cans (one 20 ounces, one 8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, buttermilk, egg whites and egg beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in milk add pudding mix until well blended. Spread over the cake. Top with pineapple and whipped topping. Sprinkle with coconut. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 18 servings.
Reviews for Hawaiian Wedding Cake
"Light & tasty. Easy to make."
"Made this for my daughter's 6th birthday which was a Hawaiian theme. All of the adults loved it but some of the kids were just "so so" with it. I would definitely make this again as it was quite good and knowing that it is light made all of us adults who are watching our weight feel less guilty about indulging."
"I have a question, wana make this cake today ...do i mix in the ingredients from the bak of the box or only bittermilk egg and eggwhites?"
"THANK YOU FOR SHARING THIS RECIPE---ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!"
"ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!! Thank you for the recipe! I made it for Easter dinner today--the only thing I changed was I upgraded the lo cal to regular whipped cream and cream cheese, pudding and pineapple with sugar(regular). I thought about changing the buttermilk to the pineapple juice but left it alone--the cake was extremely moist---VERY GOOD!! It is already requested for NEXT WEEK it was so good!!!"
"This is so far the best cake I have ever tasted and the directions were so simple."
"I made this cake for a church Luau Party twice, everybody loved it, there were no leftovers."
"The instructions for the cream cheese, milk and pudding are not complete if you are not careful you will end up with a huge mess and wasted ingredients!! Thanks for being so clear."
"This was an easy, tastey cake. My grandkids were coming so I left out the pineapple (picky eaters). I had some coconut leftover so I sprinkled that on half the cake. Everyone raved about it - I think I'll try it with a chocolate cake mix next."
"I made this yesterday and this cake is simply delicious. It is so light and so easy to prepare.thanksTaste of home subscriber for so many years. L. Hebert 3/6/09Portsmouth R.I."