Hash Brown Egg Brunch Recipe
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a greased 5-qt. slow cooker, layer a third of each of the following: potatoes, bacon, onion, green pepper and cheese. Repeat layers twice. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour over layers.
- Cook, covered, on high 30 minutes. Reduce heat to low; cook, covered, 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Hash Brown Egg Brunch(11)
Sort By :
It was really good but I agree it needs more flavor...one recipe I saw that was similar used dill so I may try that next time. I cooked it overnight as well which was about 8-10 hrs and it was perfectly cooked!
This works great if you cook it on low for 8-10 hours. I used crumbled sausage that I pre-cooked and Monterey Jack cheese as well as Cheddar. Everyone loved it and will definately make it again. I turned my crockpot on low at 11:30 before heading to bed and it was still warm when I served breakfast at 10 the next morning.
I m not sure how you make this the night before??? It says it takes 3-4 hours. don't know about everyone else but I like to get at least 7 hours of sleep.
I m not sure how you make this the night before??? It says it takes 4-5 hours. don't know about everyone else but I like to get at least 7 hours of sleep.
Made a similar recipe found on Pinterest. It was a big gloppy mess! Would never attempt one of these breakfast casseroles in the crock pot again. Just as easy to assemble the night before, and pop in the oven in the morning.
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >