Hash Brown Egg Brunch Recipe
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a greased 5-qt. slow cooker, layer a third of each of the following: potatoes, bacon, onion, green pepper and cheese. Repeat layers twice. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour over layers.
- Cook, covered, on high 30 minutes. Reduce heat to low; cook, covered, 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Hash Brown Egg Brunch(6)
Sort By :
Made this for Christmas morning. Thought it was very good, but did need more salt and pepper. I did use half bacon and half diced ham instead of a full pound of bacon. I also cooked it on low overnight (about 8 hours).
Easy to make and checks all the breakfast boxes!
I did not like this recipe at all! I made it exactly as is written, but it had no flavor! If I were to try this again, I would find some other seasonings for this, since salt and pepper alone were just too bland.
It tastes great with some salsa on top!
I made this with leftover Easter ham instead of the bacon. Very good. The only thing I would change next time is to thaw and dry the hash browns before adding them to the slow cooker. My finished dish ended up with tons of liquid in it that I had to suck out with a turkey baster before serving. It had to have come from the thawing potatoes. So I will definitely thaw them first next time. Otherwise, we loved this dish. It will definitely be my go-to breakfast-for-dinner dish.
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >