Hash Brown Egg Brunch Recipe
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a greased 5-qt. slow cooker, layer a third of each of the following: potatoes, bacon, onion, green pepper and cheese. Repeat layers twice. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour over layers.
- Cook, covered, on high 30 minutes. Reduce heat to low; cook, covered, 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Hash Brown Egg Brunch
Sort By :
"Followed the recipe exactly as printed. Cooked overnight - the consistency was perfect! The taste was blah. Covering with salsa improved the flavor immensely. Next time I think I will add a little dried mustard and maybe a pinch of garlic."
"It was really good but I agree it needs more flavor...one recipe I saw that was similar used dill so I may try that next time. I cooked it overnight as well which was about 8-10 hrs and it was perfectly cooked!"
"This works great if you cook it on low for 8-10 hours. I used crumbled sausage that I pre-cooked and Monterey Jack cheese as well as Cheddar. Everyone loved it and will definately make it again. I turned my crockpot on low at 11:30 before heading to bed and it was still warm when I served breakfast at 10 the next morning."
"I m not sure how you make this the night before??? It says it takes 3-4 hours. don't know about everyone else but I like to get at least 7 hours of sleep."
"I m not sure how you make this the night before??? It says it takes 4-5 hours. don't know about everyone else but I like to get at least 7 hours of sleep."