Hash Brown Egg Brunch Recipe
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a greased 5-qt. slow cooker, layer a third of each of the following: potatoes, bacon, onion, green pepper and cheese. Repeat layers twice. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour over layers.
- Cook, covered, on high 30 minutes. Reduce heat to low; cook, covered, 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Hash Brown Egg Brunch(9)
Sort By :
I m not sure how you make this the night before??? It says it takes 3-4 hours. don't know about everyone else but I like to get at least 7 hours of sleep.
I m not sure how you make this the night before??? It says it takes 4-5 hours. don't know about everyone else but I like to get at least 7 hours of sleep.
Made a similar recipe found on Pinterest. It was a big gloppy mess! Would never attempt one of these breakfast casseroles in the crock pot again. Just as easy to assemble the night before, and pop in the oven in the morning.
Made this for Christmas morning. Thought it was very good, but did need more salt and pepper. I did use half bacon and half diced ham instead of a full pound of bacon. I also cooked it on low overnight (about 8 hours).
Easy to make and checks all the breakfast boxes!
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >