Halibut Enchiladas Recipe
- 3 pounds halibut fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (10 ounces) hot enchilada sauce
- 1 can (10 ounces) green enchilada sauce
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) mild enchilada sauce
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 24 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- Place fillets on a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and cayenne. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Flake fish with two forks; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the hot enchilada sauce, green enchilada sauce, sour cream, mayonnaise, chilies, onion mixture and fish. Spread 1/2 cup mild enchilada sauce into each of two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle each with 1 cup cheese.
- Place a heaping 1/3 cup halibut mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up each and place seam side down over cheese. Pour remaining sauce over top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with the green onions, olives and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Halibut Enchiladas(2)
Sort By :
Have a chicken enchilada recipe that's very similar to this. Had never thought of using fish for some reason. Tried this substituting a mild white fish. Worked great. Love halibut however when when we can find it here it's pushing $20/lb. Lucky you that you have it locally! Thanks for the idea/recipe.
Great sounding recipe. Thanks!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Fish >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchiladas >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Fish Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >