Halibut Steaks with Papaya Mint Salsa
An amazing mix of fresh, zesty salsa and good, smoky flavor—plus 161 mg of magnesium—makes this dish the catch of the day! —Sonya Labbe, Los Angeles
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium papaya, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 halibut steaks (6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the papaya, onion, mint, chipotle pepper, 1 tablespoon oil and honey. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a large skillet, cook halibut in remaining oil for 4-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with salsa.
Nutrition Facts1 halibut steak with 1/2 cup salsa: 300 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Halibut Steaks with Papaya-Mint Salsa in Healthy Cooking August/September 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
Quick and Healthy Meals for January 7-11: Garlic Chicken, Lemon Pork, Quinoa Unstuffed Peppers and More