- 1 medium papaya, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 halibut steaks (6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the papaya, onion, mint, chipotle pepper, 1 tablespoon oil and honey. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a large skillet, cook halibut in remaining oil until fish flakes easily with a fork, 4-6 minutes on each side. Serve with salsa.
1 halibut steak with 1/2 cup salsa: 300 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.