Gumdrop Cookies Recipe
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped fruit-flavored or spiced gumdrops
- 2 egg whites
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and 3/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in gumdrops.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold into dough.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Gumdrop Cookies
Sort By :
"These are a soft, chewy cookie that is very pretty on a tray. Be sure to add them to your X-mas cookie rotation!"
"These turned out so good! I was a little nervous when I starting trying to fold in the egg whites but they mixed in just fine. I didn't bother chopping the gumdrops."
"Turned out way better than I thought they would - love them!"
"Made these last night and they are great! I used the Christmas spiced gumdrops. Would like to try it with the regular."
"This is a delicious and easy cookie to make. I am excited to add it to my Christmas cookie list. Definately sharing this recipe with friends and family!!!"