"Ever since my husband's grandmother gave me this special recipe, I haven't made another oatmeal cookie recipe. The pudding mix makes them chewy," relates Donna Trumbauer of Coopersburg, Pennsylvania.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 7 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (5.1 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the oats, flour, dry pudding mix and baking soda; gradually add to the cream mixture and mix well.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 7 dozen.
Originally published as Grandma's Oatmeal Cookies in Country Woman May/June 2001, p21
Reviews for Grandma's Chewy Oatmeal Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review