Graham Cracker Fried Ice Cream Recipe
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/4 cups finely crushed graham crackers
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Using a 1/2-cup ice cream scoop, place six scoops of ice cream on a baking sheet. Freeze.
- Place heavy cream in a shallow bowl. Combine cracker crumbs and cinnamon in another shallow bowl. Dip ice cream balls in cream, then roll in crumb mixture. Cover and freeze for at least 1 hour. Refrigerate remaining cream and set aside remaining crumb mixture.
- Roll ice cream balls again in cream, then coat again with crumbs. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry ice cream balls for 10-15 seconds or until lightly browned. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Graham Cracker Fried Ice Cream
Sort By :
My family really enjoyed this. It is a bit time consuming with all the freezing, so plan ahead. I would also only fry the ice cream for about 10 seconds, because too long after that and it starts to melt and the grahm cracker crumbing starts to fall off.
A disappointment. First off, the amounts listed in the recipe were off. I needed to make 50% more of both the heavy cream and graham cracker mixture to have enough to cover all 6 scoops of ice cream(1/2 cup scoops as stated). Next, half of the batter fell off in the fryer, leaving a partly bald dessert. Finally, the taste wasn't that great. Pretty much just tasted like pouring crushed graham crackers over a scoop of ice cream, thus rendering all my hard work pointless. I will try the pie-crust version next time and see if that's any better.
Try Cinnamon Toast Crunch-type cereal finely crushed, either roll ice cream in it or sprinkle over. Even better than cinnamon grahams.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Desserts >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >