Not-Fried Ice Cream Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 1 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 gallon butter pecan ice cream, softened, divided
- 4 tablespoons honey, divided
- In a small bowl, combine the cornflake crumbs, sugar, butter and cinnamon; set aside 1/2 cup. Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Spoon half of the ice cream over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture; drizzle with 2 tablespoons honey. Cover and freeze for 2 hours.
- Top with remaining ice cream. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 5 minutes before serving. Remove sides of pan; drizzle with remaining honey.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 256 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 189mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 25, 2014
Everyone loved this! My son even requested it for his birthday cake :)
May 6, 2010
This tasted so close to the fried version without all the work. Very good.
May 5, 2010
I have made this several times and it's great! I just layer it all in a 13x9 dish.
Sep 17, 2009
Oh this was SO good. Much better than the other fried ice creams I have tried, and so easy. Two thumbs up.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.