Gingerbread Sandwich Trees Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- M&M's minis
- 3/4 cup vanilla or chocolate frosting
- Green food coloring, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and molasses. Combine the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, ginger and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness.
- Cut with a floured 3-in. tree-shaped cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Gently press M&M's into half of the cookies.
- Bake at 325° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- If using vanilla frosting, tint green if desired. Spread frosting over the bottoms of plain cookies; top with decorated cookies. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Gingerbread Sandwich Trees(9)
Sort By :
I've never made these as sandwiches, I just love the Gingerbread cookies! I've made them for christmas the last 4 years.
These cookies taste great, and were fun for my 4 year old who loved putting on the M&M's. Instead of vanilla, I made a buttercream icing and added some peppermint extract, the mint with the chocolate of the M&M's added a nice flavor!
These are cute and very easy to make!
My grand-kids and I make cutouts every year. Then as the family gathers for Christmas, we spend an afternoon decorating. Some are fast and furious and others are very detailed. These cookies make it easy for even the littlest fingers to decorate. And they became everyone's favorite this year. The flavor is excellent and the texture was perfect. We also used a cream cheese frosting
I made these last year for a cookie exchange and they were a big hit. Easy to put together and decorate since I'm not much into decorating, that was a plus for me. Tasted great. I might try the cream cheese icing this year. Thank's for the tip. Merry Christmas Everyone!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Gingerbread Cookies >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >