Gingerbread Sandwich Trees Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- M&M's minis
- 3/4 cup vanilla or chocolate frosting
- Green food coloring, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and molasses. Combine the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, ginger and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness.
- Cut with a floured 3-in. tree-shaped cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Gently press M&M's into half of the cookies.
- Bake at 325° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- If using vanilla frosting, tint green if desired. Spread frosting over the bottoms of plain cookies; top with decorated cookies. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Gingerbread Sandwich Trees(11)
Sort By :
Just made the cookies and didn't sandwich them - they are so good! The dough was easy to roll out after chilling - and the cookies were delicious.
I made the recipe last year for a party - and everyone raved about them! The dough is easy to work with and very tasty. I have been asked to make them again this year.
I've never made these as sandwiches, I just love the Gingerbread cookies! I've made them for christmas the last 4 years.
These cookies taste great, and were fun for my 4 year old who loved putting on the M&M's. Instead of vanilla, I made a buttercream icing and added some peppermint extract, the mint with the chocolate of the M&M's added a nice flavor!
These are cute and very easy to make!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Cut Out Sugar Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Gingerbread Cookies >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >