Butterscotch Gingerbread Men
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- In a small bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar and pudding mix until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda and cinnamon; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 5-in. gingerbread man cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In another small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Decorate cookies with frosting as desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 183 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 177mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 17, 2009
We added milk to make the dough a little easier to work with. We didn't refrigerate it overnight just stuck it in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes. It was still a little sticky to cut out. The cookies were delicious just hard to cut out with cookie cutters.
Dec 31, 2008
I only cooled about 15 minutes because we were in a hurry. Dough was pretty soft but gently workable.We only used a round cookie cutter. Flavor of these cookies was terrific!
Nov 29, 2008
I made the dough for this recipe and refrigerated it over night. The dough was crumbly and would not roll out so I ended up tossing it. I'm disappoinated as this recipe sounds yummy. Any ideas on how to get the dough to stick together so it will roll out?