- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 cup boiling water
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a large bowl, beat the milk, peanut butter, oil and vanilla until well blended. In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar, flour and baking powder; gradually beat into milk mixture until blended. Spread into a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine cocoa and remaining sugar; stir in boiling water. Pour into slow cooker (do not stir).
- Cover and cook on high for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center of comes out clean. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Fudgy Peanut Butter Cake
"This was a delicious cake and so easy. Never made any cakes in a crock pot but this was very good."
"I made 1-1/2 recipe because my crock pot is larger than 1-1/2 qts. I used more peanut butter, but it still did not have a strong enough peanut butter taste. We all agreed that this was just okay. I will not make it again."
"This is fantastic! I followed the recipe, and it was a big hit. I'll definitely be making this again; it's the perfect dessert size for two adults and a kiddo on a busy week night!"
"Wonderful! Made it 2x now. Once the way the recipe says and once chocolate version. I used nutella in place of the peanut butter and served that version with mint chocolate chip ice cream. very good :)"
"I just LOVED this but it just made a tiny, tiny bit. I think it is made in a little bitty crock pot. Is that correct? What do I need to do to increase the recipe?"
"Very disappointing, odd flavor. No one in my adult family liked it and we all "love" dessert. Was a waste of time and ingredients. I'll stick to the original hot fudge cake recipe."
"This makes a great dessert warm with ice cream yummyyy"
"Very yummy, except...I forgot to add the sugar to the cocoa mixture. DO NOT leave out the additional sugar (my big boo boo!). Next time I will try adding the chocolate chips, as well. Great dessert~"
"I must have done something wrong....It smelled really good and toothpick came out clean, however when I went to cut into it; it was all soupy on the bottom...is that the way it's supposed to be? I cooked it in my mini (1qt) crock and it only has 1 setting for 2 hours....maybe that was the problem. I will have to try it again because what we did it was nummy!"
"So easy and so yummy! I love that I can put the kids to bed and my husband and I can enjoy this together. I have a larger crock pot (5 or 6 qts?). I 1 and 1/2 the recipe and it worked great. I also added a small handful of chocolate chips and added them between the two layers. There was a lot of melty chocolate, but that is the point, right? This is definitely on my do-again list :)"