Frosted Anise Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon anise extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup whole milk
- Colored sprinkles, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and extracts. In another bowl, whisk flour and baking powder; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For glaze, in a large bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, butter, vanilla and enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Dip tops of cookies into glaze. If desired, decorate with sprinkles. Let stand until set. Yield: 7 dozen.
Originally published as Frosted Anise Sugar Cookies in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2010, p64
Reviews for Frosted Anise Sugar Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2014
"Delicious, but best of all so simple."
Reviewed Jan. 2, 2014
"What a delicious cookie. It's now going to be on my must-have Christmas cookie list."