- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon anise extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup whole milk
- Colored sprinkles, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and extracts. In another bowl, whisk flour and baking powder; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For glaze, in a large bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, butter, vanilla and enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Dip tops of cookies into glaze. If desired, decorate with sprinkles. Let stand until set. Yield: 7 dozen.
Originally published as Frosted Anise Sugar Cookies in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2010, p64
Reviews for Frosted Anise Sugar Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2014
"Delicious, but best of all so simple."
Reviewed Jan. 2, 2014
"What a delicious cookie. It's now going to be on my must-have Christmas cookie list."