This savory all-star recipe from Nancy Collins of Clearfield, Pennsylvania makes just enough for two hearty sandwiches. The sauce level is low, making it a “neat” sloppy Joe.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- In a small skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Serve on buns. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Flavorful Sloppy Joes in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007, p22
Reviews for Flavorful Sloppy Joes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review