Firecracker Cupcakes Recipe
- 5 pieces red pull-and-peel licorice
- 6 drops red food coloring
- 1 cup flaked coconut, divided
- 4 drops blue food coloring
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 24 cupcakes of your choice
- Assorted red and blue sprinkles, optional
- Cut each licorice twist into five pieces; pull apart one end of each to make firecracker fuses. Set aside.
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine 1/4 teaspoon water and red food coloring; add 1/2 cup coconut. Seal bag and shake to tint coconut. In another bag, combine 1/4 teaspoon water and blue food coloring; add remaining coconut. Seal bag and shake to tint.
- Spread whipped topping over cupcakes; decorate with coconut or sprinkles as desired. Insert firecraker fuses into tops. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Firecracker Cupcakes(3)
Sort By :
Made for a family reunion. Didn't do the coconut, used sprinkles instead. Big hit with the kids and adults too! Very easy. Will do again!
Very easy to make, I like the blue tinted coconut better with the red licorice. Took them to work, got lots of funny looks when I told fellow co workers there were fireworks in the frig. Very cute
This looks really good will have to try it
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Coconut Cake >
- Cupcake Recipes >
- Cupcake Recipes for Kids >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Labor Day Desserts >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >