Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package chocolate or yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions for cupcakes. Fill 24 paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg and sugar until smooth. Fold in chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls into batter. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cupcake comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 cupcake: 197 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 203mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 3, 2015
Made chocolate cake, my grandkid's loved them. So moist.
Jun 28, 2015
So easy, and so moist!
Jul 20, 2014
These cupcakes are incredible! I've made these for potlucks and gifts for friends several times, and they're always a winner. I must say my favorite so far is with Devil's Food Cake Mix :P
Feb 16, 2014
Easy and surprisingly good!
Jan 22, 2014
We made them with double chocolate fudge cake mix, and both chocolate and peanut butter chips. Wow, are these incredible!!! Definite keeper!!
Mar 1, 2013
These are incredible! We put some chocolate frosting on some of them, but they were great without. I did put them in the fridge and my family enjoyed them cold as well.
Feb 13, 2013
Just made these for Valentine's Day using red velvet cake mix and white chocolate chips in the filling. Yummy
Feb 4, 2013
Do these need to be kept in a cooler? I am concerned about the cream cheese being left out in the heat.
Nov 26, 2012
My family can't get enough of them! I have even used different cake mixes and they have all been great. My nephew always wants me to make a lot of them.
Jun 9, 2012
So easy! Great for a hot day when you don't want to fuss with frosting. Used lemon cake mix. YUM! If you don't want the bottom to stick to the paper, use foil cups instead!