"I've always been fascinated by Fire Island, and thought the name was fitting for this slightly spicy pasta dish." –Candace Reed, DeSoto, Texas
- 2 pounds plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces ziti or small tube pasta
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 pound Italian sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup grated Romano cheese
- Toss the tomatoes with 2 tablespoons oil, garlic and salt. Place cut side down in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 450° for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Chop when cool enough to handle.
- Cook ziti according to package directions, adding broccoli during the last 4 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage in remaining oil until no longer pink. Add pepper flakes; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes and heat through.
- Drain ziti mixture; toss with sausage mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Fire Island Ziti in Taste of Home August/September 2010, p46
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Fire Island Ziti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review