Family-Pleasing Sloppy Joe Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 8 sandwich buns, split
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ketchup, water, brown sugar, vinegar, salt, mustard, chili powder and allspice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup meat mixture onto each bun. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Family-Pleasing Sloppy Joe Sandwiches(35)
Sort By :
Very good! Even my picky 4 year old ate almost an entire sandwich!
The entire family enjoyed this recipe...which is huge in my house!! Will be making again.
Made this recipe a while back and it became one of my favorite, delicious, fast family meals to make. I have made it 20 plus times and it seems more delicious everytime i make it.
Hubby and I liked but the kids didn't.
This was so delicious!!! I doubled the amt of brown sugar. Everyone loved it!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Dinner Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Sloppy Joe Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >