- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 8 sandwich buns, split
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ketchup, water, brown sugar, vinegar, salt, mustard, chili powder and allspice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup meat mixture onto each bun. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Family-Pleasing Sloppy Joe Sandwiches
Sort By :
"My very picky husband said they were very good! My stepson took the rest with him. I followed the recipe exactly. Was worried about the allspice but don't be. They were easy to put together and had most ingredients already at the house except the buns. This is the kind of recipe I enjoy! Thanks!"
"These were really good."
"The whole family loved these. Definitely making again."
"Very good. We really enjoyed these. My new "go to" recipe."
"Excellent sloppy joes, we really liked these a lot. I served them with pasta salad and cucumber salad."