- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 jar (10 ounces) lemon curd
- 2/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Set aside 1 cup mixture for topping; press remaining mixture onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Spread lemon curd over crust. In a small bowl, combine the coconut, almonds and reserved topping mixture; sprinkle over lemon curd.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Easy Lemon Curd Bars
"Delicious. I followed the recipe, but I think there is too much butter in the crust. I may reduce the butter to 3/4 cup or 1/2 cup, or add more flour."
"3-star recipe but I'm sure it's my fault and not the recipe's. Because I had more lemon curd available and I was worried that the bar wouldn't be lemony enough, I added a gloppy amount of lemon curd. What a mistake! That crust-to-curd ratio was way off, and I didn't bake it long enough for the amount of curd. To be fair, I'm going to try this recipe again (following the directions) because the lemon, coconut, almond combo is really nice."
"i followed recipe but I thought the crust was way too buttery"
"These are fantastic. Just follow the recipe as written. They bake up beautifully."
"I think maybe 10 oz of curd would help fill up the extra space on crust. I also used some quick oats in the crust for a more crumbly topping. Easy and quick recipe!"