A cup of tea looks lonely without something sweet beside it. These bars are a nice accompaniment. I love the combination of the nutty crust and zippy lemon curd.—Donna Spenser, New Virginia, Iowa
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 jar (10 ounces) lemon curd
- 2/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Set aside 1 cup mixture for topping; press remaining mixture onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Spread lemon curd over crust. In a small bowl, combine the coconut, almonds and reserved topping mixture; sprinkle over lemon curd.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Easy Lemon Curd Bars in Country Woman April/May 2011, p21
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Easy Lemon Curd Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review