Easy Coconut Pound Cake Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- Confectioners' sugar and additional coconut, optional
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Beat in flour just until combined; fold in coconut.
- Coat an 8-in. fluted tube pan with cooking spray; dust with flour. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and additional coconut if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Easy Coconut Pound Cake(4)
Sort By :
I actually doubled this recipe but still put it in one large bundt pan, because this is a pound cake and does not really rise the batter all fit well; however, it required about 1 hr 20 min to bake all the way through. This was moist and delicious. To bump up the coconut flavour even further and finish the cake off properly I drizzled a simple coconut glaze over it, made from 1 c icing sugar, 1/4 t coconut extract, and a few T of milk until the glaze is the pouring consistency you want...
I make this cake all the time. It is awesome and so easy. I leave the coconut out most of the time just because my family does not like coconut but it is delicious either way!
Have made this cake twice. Doubled the recipe both times and gave one to my neighbor the first time and the second time I made individual bundt cakes and gave to several people. Was a big success! I did make two changes. I changed the vanilla to coconut extract and add a glaze made with powdered sugar, coconut extract and water. YUMMY!
Great! Everyone, including my "picky husband" loved it. CJG in Florence,SC
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Coconut Cake >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >