- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13x9-inch pan size)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat the brownie mix, oil, water and eggs on medium speed in a large bowl until blended; stir in chips and walnuts. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Combine condensed milk and coconut in a small bowl; spread over top. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until center is set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Place frosting ingredients in a small bowl; beat until smooth. Spread over cooled brownies. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Double Chocolate Coconut Brownies
"I liked these brownies. They were really, really sweet! Like pure sugar. Beware when spreading the coconut mix onto the partially baked brownies. Since the brownies aren't set, and the coconut mix is so thick, it's kind of impossible to spread it on. I had to pick up globs of the coconut and try to distribute it throughout the brownies, since it just sank right down into the batter."
"This recipe is great and I know I'll be using this as an alternative to my other brownie recipes! I have a GOOD # of brownie recipes FROM TOH & the companion magazines which are GREAT-it's hard to choose! delowenstein"
"I need feed back, loved this receipe but those bake times were way off. After the first 20 minutes the muddle was too soupy to put coconut on. Anyone have correct times?"
"These are wonderful!"
"Rich, sweet, and delicious. I don't like coconut, so I omitted that, and its still yummy. The only problem is the sweetened condensed milk sticks to the pan."
"These were so good. I made them with our school's bake sale in mind and most of them didn't make it there."