How about pie for dinner? This savory staple is a wonderful way to accentuate summer's abundance of tomatoes from the garden or farm stand. —Edie DeSpain, Logan, Utah
- 1-1/4 pounds tomatoes (5 large), cut into 1/2-inch slices, seeded
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place half of the tomatoes in pastry shell. Top with onions and remaining tomatoes. Sprinkle with the basil, salt and pepper. Combine mayonnaise and cheddar cheese; spread over tomatoes, leaving 1-1/2 in. around the edge. Sprinkle with bacon and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until tomatoes are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Delicious Tomato Pie in Country Woman June/July 2008, p38
Reviews for Delicious Tomato Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review