- 1-1/4 pounds tomatoes (5 large), cut into 1/2-inch slices, seeded
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place half of the tomatoes in pastry shell. Top with onions and remaining tomatoes. Sprinkle with the basil, salt and pepper. Combine mayonnaise and cheddar cheese; spread over tomatoes, leaving 1-1/2 in. around the edge. Sprinkle with bacon and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until tomatoes are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Delicious Tomato Pie
"This was a huge hit at our house. I added a layer of cooked chicken between the tomato layers to make it heartier, and also used a cornmeal crust. Excellent!"
"This pie is a summertime favorite! I use regular beefsteak tomatoes from our garden and they work just fine. It fills your mouth with flavor with every bite and is so good that we eat it once a week during tomato season."
"Great for breakfast, lunch or dinner!"
"This is so good! I will plan make on very often! I followed the recipe as written & it was delicous!"
"It was tasty but I may not make it again, for a meal anyway, perhaps for an appetizer or something-- I did bake pie shell for about 15 mins prior and blotted extras moisture from tomatoes, which kept it from being soggy."