Date Nut Meringues Recipe
It's always nice to make different recipes to enhance my Christmas cookie selection each year. Since I like to bake but not fuss too much, these old-fashioned chews are a good choice.
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) chopped dates
- 1-1/2 cups Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- In a bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar; beat until stiff peaks form, about 6 minutes. Beat in vanilla. Fold in dates and pecans.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 12-15 minutes or until firm to the touch. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Date Nut Meringues in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2000, p34
Reviews for Date Nut Meringues(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Meringue Cookies >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >