Crisp Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Cover and refrigerate 15-30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut out cookies into desired shapes. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 8 dozen.
Reviews for Crisp Sugar Cookies
Sort By :
"My parents were going to an elder's outing and I needed to fix something to help them out, so I made these-delicious"
"These are the best, my family loves them."
"I've tried a couple other sugar cookie recipes but I keep coming back to this one. Its absolutely the best! Been making it for years! I dont try others any more."
"Didn't make nearly as much as I thought it would."
"I made these cookies a long time ago, then lost the Taste of Home magazine that the recipe was in. They were so good that they're still on my mind, years later. It occurred to me to check the internet! So glad I've found them. They're delicious."