Cream Puff Cake Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3 packages (3.3 ounces each) instant white chocolate or vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until smooth and shiny.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake 22-26 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, milk and pudding mixes until smooth. Spread over crust; refrigerate 20 minutes. Spread with whipped topping. Chill until serving. Yield: 15 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream Puff Cake(42)
Sort By :
Have made this for years. Cannot find my recipe so had to get on here to look it up. Family LOVES it so much my son wanted it for his birthday cake this year. We drizzle it with chocolate syrup when we serve it. This time son wants to add some fresh raspberries from the garden when we serve it. I don't think you can do anything to this to make it taste bad!
This is a great recipe instead of making individual ones. Tastes just like a cream puff. So easy make !!! Delicious !!!
i have made this recipe & shared it with many friends. My recipe calls for putting a drizzle of magic shell chocolate topping on top . Enjoy
This was good but the crust got soggy. Next time I will not put the filling in until I get ready to serve it.
Taste just like a cream puff from the store and was super easy to make. Everyone loved it and wanted the recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Jello Pudding Recipes >