- 2 cups sifted King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plus 2 tablespoons cream-style cottage cheese
- Raspberry jam
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- Place flour in a medium bowl; cut in butter as for pie crust. Blend in cottage cheese until mixture forms a ball (can use a food processor). Chill 1 hour.
- On a floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 3-in. round cutter. Place a level 1/4 teaspoon of jam in center of reach cookie. Moisten edges and fold in half; seal tightly with a fork. Place on lightly greased baking sheets; prick tops with fork.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. For glaze, combine the sugar, extract and enough milk to make thin spreading consistency; drizzle over cooled cookies. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Cottage Cheese Cookies in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p57
Reviews for Cottage Cheese Cookies(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2013
I've already made three batches of these delicious cookies, for family and friends, and they disappeared in the blink of an eye! This recipe is a definite keeper!