Coke Cake Recipe
"I GET a great response every time I serve this cake, and it seems like I'm forever sharing this recipe! Folks are always curious about the ingredients, and when I tel them the cake has cola in it, they are really surprised! The unusual combination of ingredient makes it moist and delicious." —Anna Baker, Blaine, Washington
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 cup cola
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 6 tablespoons cola
- 3-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and baking soda; set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring butter, cocoa and cola to a boil; stir into dry ingredients. Stir in buttermilk, eggs, vanilla and marshmallows; mix well.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until cake tests done.
- For icing, combine butter, cocoa and cola in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in confectioners' sugar and mix well. Spread over hot cake. Sprinkle with nuts. Cool before cutting. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Cocoa Cola Cake in Reminisce Extra February 1993, p47
Reviews for Coke Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 21, 2013
"If your a chocolate lover just make it your tummy will thank you"
Reviewed Feb. 7, 2012
"Easy enough to make and moist. Excellent!"