“My from-scratch cinnamon cupcakes take a little work,” admits Judy Learned of Boyertown, Pennsylvania. But the results speak for themselves, when snackers say, “Yum!”
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- CINNAMON FROSTING:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- Additional ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg whites and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon over each cupcake.
- Bake at 375° for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, cream the butter, vanilla and cinnamon. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Add milk; beat until light and fluffy. Frost cupcakes; sprinkle with additional cinnamon. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cinnamon Cupcakes in Country Woman January/February 2007, p33
Reviews for Cinnamon Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review