- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- CINNAMON FROSTING:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- Additional ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg whites and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon over each cupcake.
- Bake at 375° for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, cream the butter, vanilla and cinnamon. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Add milk; beat until light and fluffy. Frost cupcakes; sprinkle with additional cinnamon. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Cinnamon Cupcakes
Sort By :
"What is the difference between cake flour and regular flour? Also are you allowed to use regular flour?"
"Excellent flavour and texture. For me, I found that the recipe did not quite make 18, but worth the effort. Definitely a make again."
"The description says that these take "a little work," but I thought they were fairly easy to make. Even if they were difficult to make, it would be worth the effort. The cinnamon is just one simple step that makes a big difference in flavor. I enjoyed the light, moist texture of the cake, and the frosting set nicely (it did not stick to the covering that I used to transport)."
"I always make these cupcakes for birthdays and for dance shows. Everyone always loves these cupcakes! I follow the recipe exactly and everything turns out amazing! Everyone can't just have one! These cupcakes are amazing! Can't wait to make them again! They take time but they are worth it! I love these cupcakes!"
"These were such wonderful cupcakes! i love cinnamon so i added more cinn to the cupcakes and to the frosting! they turned out great! My niece helped me make them and we had alot of fun! Dont be afraid to play around with the recipe!"