Christmas Jam Recipe
- 1 package (40 ounces) frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed or 2-1/2 quarts fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 pound fresh or frozen cranberries
- 5 pounds sugar
- 2 pouches (3 ounces each) liquid fruit pectin
- Grind strawberries and cranberries in a food processor or grinder; place in a Dutch oven. Add sugar. Bring to a full rolling boil; boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in pectin and return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat.
- Cool for 5 minutes; skim off foam. Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: about 14 half-pints.
Reviews for Christmas Jam
Sort By :
I really wanted to make this recipe as directed, but could not find any cranberries as they were not in season, but I had a bunch of strawberries that had to be used. Thus, I substituted blueberries for the cranberries. Cut back the sugar to 4 lbs, added 1 tsp lemon juice and 1 tsp orange flavoring. The results were outstanding. I look forward to making this recipe when I can find cranberries.
This is probably my most favorite of all my jam recipes. Deliciously sweet and tart. I freeze cranberries when they are in stores during the holidays and then make this jam when strawberries are in season.
I have been making this jam since 1994. I love, love, LOVE it! Its one of my favorite jams! In my top three favorite!
I've been making this jam since 1994. I love, love, LOVE it! It's in my top three favorite jams!