- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 7 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the molasses, water and gingerroot. Combine the flour, cocoa, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until tops begin to crack. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Gingersnaps
Sort By :
This is my favorite winter cookie. It has become a most requested around the holidays.
Baked these for my church's bazaar and people just loved them! I have even got requests to make them again this year.
Impressed that a 15 year old developed this recipe! Will make these soon and rate it here!
These cookies are a great combinations of chocolate and ginger!!! They are amazing!!! I will make these again and again!!!
A big hit at Thanksgiving dinner!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Halloween Desserts >