- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, beans, tomato paste, chilies and seasonings. Drain macaroni; add to beef mixture.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Chili Mac Casserole
Sort By :
"This has become a family favorite!!!"
"Very good recipe, easy to through together. I completely forgot to add the green chilies I don't think I would have liked them anyway. Next time I will add Del Monte Fiesta Corn to the dish! My husband and I really enjoyed this."
"A good weeknight meal"
"My three boys loved this! We used crushed tomatoes instead of diced, ground turkey instead of beef and we only had 1/4 cup of Mexican cheese, so we supplemented with Mozzarella and it was still delicious! The boys were asking for seconds! This is a keeper."
"We love this dish. I drain the diced tomatoes and replace the juice with enchilada sauce. It gives it a different flavor."