- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups finely chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 4 medium sweet red peppers
- Crushed potato chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Add chicken, cheese and celery; toss to coat.
- Cut peppers lengthwise in half; remove seeds. In a Dutch oven, cook peppers in boiling water 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Fill with chicken mixture. If desired, sprinkle with chips. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until filling is heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Salad-Stuffed Peppers
Sort By :
We love peppers and combined with the chicken, this was a delicious taste....
I made these for my husband and mother-in-law since I don't eat meat myself. They both said they were just okay.
This was very good. I used miracle whip in place of the Mayo.
At first glance, I thought this was for a cold salad dish, and thought "how delightful." Then when I saw that it was an oven baked meal, I realized we actually had two recipes in one idea. I made the salad and served it in fresh, crisp raw red peppers, and loved it. Then, tried it with the peppers and salad baked, and actually it is a toss up which is better.
Refreshing, delicious & different. Didn't add the chips. Served w/polenta and my own homemade potato salad. Husband raved!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Budget Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >