We love this recipe because it combines the fresh flavor of summer bell peppers and chicken salad. — Mary Marlowe Leverette, Columbia, South Carolina
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups finely chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 4 medium sweet red peppers
- Crushed potato chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Add chicken, cheese and celery; toss to coat.
- Cut peppers lengthwise in half; remove seeds. In a Dutch oven, cook peppers in boiling water 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Fill with chicken mixture. If desired, sprinkle with chips. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until filling is heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Salad-Stuffed Peppers in Taste of Home June/July 2013
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Salad-Stuffed Peppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review